Day * & 9

 Days 8 and 9.

Vonna, Paul Allen and Tim (who has had Covid and so joined us at Standley Chasm) walked from birthday Water Hole for two nights via Hugh Gorge and They are going to meet us meet us at Ellery Creek. My feet (this is Paul P speaking writing) are still hurting. Even My good foot is hurting. I think it takes a hell of a lot of load my left foot and I have to look after it more. However, I think I will be able to walk tomorrow.
Dirk and I are driving no to Alice Springs to pick up Mike the cameraman from the airport who will be joining us for the next leg of this track, which is assuming epic proportions.



 
Vonna is as strong as an ox (albeit a little ox) but has knee problems due to carrying a heavy pack for so many hours (The rocky river beds make it slow going for me and it would be dangerous to separate so much) one good thing - her ribs do not seem to be hurting her any more (unless they have been while we have been out of contact, there is no Internet you see). 
Paul Allen seems strong (is strong) and is walking well but because of his brain injury gets quite confused I need to certain amount of help packing in the morning and deciding what is going to eat. Hope this is normal when he is out of his element and has not got a routine in place.
Today is 13 July and perhaps 10 days of hiking left.